Library Services for Online Students
Students in online classes at McMurry have access to the library’s resources through the library’s website, email and phone conversations.
- Guided research assistance by phone and/or email.
- Access to databases, electronic journals and eBooks, 24/7, through the library website using the McMurry network username and password.
- Access to the online catalog 24/7. .
- If print material is needed they can request an interlibrary loan through their local library or make arrangements with McMurry’s Reference Librarian.
- If using eBooks found in the online catalog they will use their McMurry network username and password to log-in.
- Interlibrary loans:
- Online students can request ILL’s through their local library or through McMurry using WorldCat or Multi-Search to make requests.
- TexShare Cards
- If the online student is located in Texas, they may request a TexShare card be sent to them. This allows them to check out up to two books from their local participating University Libraries.
Terry Young, Library Director